Saturday, July 29, 2006

Denene's visit to Vietnam 3

Well, finally heard from close family member in Australia. Very good to hear of news from far away land. My education in Vietnam continues. All up, I've paid $30 too much for some goods. & I think that might be very good. I've worked the water out. I was down to 500dong per 1 and a half litres in Hue.

Half the price. & on the sampan my dear travelling companionswere paying 10,000 dong for half a litre. Mind you, I think they bung a few dong on for when it's cold, which I don't want anyway.

Must admit that's it's almost worth that in order not to have to carry 4 and a half litres of water with me everytime I get on a coach or plane!!! I was carrying an overpriced bottle of bordeaux as well, of course.

One never knows when one might not be able to get what one wants. I think also that we should email each other ALL the time, even whenwe're in the same house, because the communique seems to be a bit moreupmarket.

Mind you, would help if you could type. The spelling I don't mind. In fact, it's almost charming. eg. consult, darling. As opposed to consalt. Give Maureen a ring in the spare time that you don't have. Yesterday was overload for me. Too much coach. Not enough sleep.

Visits too fast, and some of them not wanted. I'm slowing down. Most of them have gone off this morning for a walking tour of Hoi An. (ARE you following the itinerary? ARE you interested?)

Mymost ridiculous purchase is a marble mortar and pestle. I bought the medium one because of weight. Can you believe it!! I know you can. Not only that, I paid $5 US for the dashed thing, only to find that we visit Marble Mountain, and guess what theydo there. Yep. And guess what they cost. Yep. $2 US.

So. My Vietnamese education continues. Say hi to Elly especially, who knows exactly what I'm going through. Tell her that I'm off to the tailorsthis morning. I'm thinking a nice little Claudia dress might help to sweetenup Kath. Dunno what will sweeten up Annabel except for Buccrabendinni, and that doesn't seem fair. also love you mac.

It's getting interesting now. We're closing in to the military base, and one of the vets I got to talk to this morning & he don't cope with the memories. Suspect John doesn't either. We're watching a video that Sandy bought with him on one of the boys laptops this afternoonabout one of the battles. 5 or so young men in the military working with bombs and security within Australia.

whooooeeeee...................So.

Yours Sincerely, Psychologist, Denene McArthur. JWEM&C. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Click here to accept Credit Cards in just minutes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home